Mold remover formula

Hazards, causes, elimination and prevention


The word “mold” often conjures up images of black, gray, or greenish growth, often around food and water. But these are not the only characteristics of mold. Sometimes it can look more reddish.

What exactly is red mold? And how to get rid of it? Above all, is it dangerous?

Keep reading to find the answers to these questions and more.

Even though red mold is unsightly, the mold itself is generally harmless, if you are healthy.

If you are sensitive or allergic to molds, exposure can cause problems such as respiratory distress. In addition, exposure can trigger infections of the skin, lungs, eyes, and other organs.

Those prone to complications include:

Symptoms of mold sensitivity

If you are sensitive to mold, you may experience the following symptoms:

Complications do not only arise from breathing in mold, but also from ingesting mold. So be sure to throw out any food that contains red mold. Accidental ingestion of red mold may not be harmful, but it is safer to err on the side of caution.

If you have been exposed to red mold and develop signs of irritation, see a doctor immediately to treat the reaction.

There are several home products that can effectively remove red mold. Before cleaning surfaces, protect yourself to avoid contact with mold. Always wear goggles, gloves and a dust mask. You should also open a window before cleaning to increase ventilation.

To clean red mold from hard surfaces (bathroom showers, walls, and floors), you can use a commercial cleaner like bleach.

Mix one part bleach with three parts water. Then, soak a cloth in the bleach solution and apply it to the surface. Let the solution sit for about an hour, then scrub and rinse it off with lukewarm water.

Remove red mold from hard surfaces

You can also use white vinegar to remove mildew from hard surfaces. Pour the vinegar into a bowl or bucket. Using a cloth, apply the white vinegar to the surface. Let sit for an hour, then scrub and rinse with lukewarm water.

Remove red mold from grout

To remove red mold on the grout, mix one part water with one part vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the grout and let the solution sit for about five minutes. Use a toothbrush to scrub the grout. Wipe off residue with lukewarm water.

Or apply a small amount of baking soda to the vinegar mixture to create a paste. Apply the paste to the grout. Let sit for five minutes. Scrub with a toothbrush and then rinse with lukewarm water.

Remove red mold from shower curtains

If red mold grows on your shower curtain, place the shower curtain in the tub. Add 2 liters of water and 4 tablespoons of chlorine-free bleach. Let the shower curtain sit for an hour, then scrub and rinse off with lukewarm water.

You can also combine two parts hydrogen peroxide with one part water in a spray bottle. Lay the shower curtain flat on the floor. Spray the curtain with the peroxide mixture and let the solution sit for 30 minutes. Rub and rinse with lukewarm water.

Remove red mold from drywall

For mold on drywall or other building material, contact a professional mold release company.

Mold is a type of fungus that grows indoors and outdoors. It thrives in humid and warm conditions, so it is usually found around water leaks. It can also be found on foods, drywall, and fabrics.

Because red mold is a different color, a misconception is that it is its own kind of mold. But red mold is not a specific type of mold. The name simply refers to its appearance.

Interestingly, any type of mold can turn red at some point, as it’s not uncommon for mold to change color. Therefore, black mold, green mold, and even white mold can turn red over time, and vice versa.

Although red mold is not its own species of mold, certain types of mold are more likely to turn red. This includes Aspergillus which is mostly found in bathrooms and which grows on water damaged materials. Also, Neurospora which grows on food, and Fusarium which grows on plants and in the soil.

Some people use the terms pink mold and red mold interchangeably. But while the two are similar in appearance, pink mold is not the same as red mold.

Red mold is a fungus, while pink mold is actually a waterborne bacteria commonly found in bathrooms.

Different factors contribute to the appearance of mold that is reddish in color. A change in the humidity level or exposure to light may cause the mold to change color. In addition, a food source can sometimes influence the color of the mold.

The exact cause of red mold – or any mold – really depends on the location of the growth. Since mold thrives in damp and damp conditions, it can grow around plumbing, in walls, and under carpet due to water leakage.

Mold is found everywhere. But for it to thrive, mold spores (which circulate in the air) must come into contact with a damp surface. In this case, mold can start to grow within 24 to 48 hours.

Removing excess moisture is essential to prevent the growth of red mold. To do this, reduce the humidity level in your home. As a general rule, indoor humidity should be kept below 50 percent.

Run your air conditioning to minimize humidity levels or get a dehumidifier to remove excess humidity from the air.

Also, repair any plumbing or roof leaks as soon as possible to prevent mold growth. Signs of a water leak include:

  • condensation inside your windows
  • cracked tiles
  • water spots on the ceiling and drywall

Installing a bathroom fan can also increase ventilation and reduce mold growth. You can even buy mildew-resistant items for your bathroom, like mold-resistant shower curtains, floor mats, and tiles.

Plus, refrigerating and keeping foods covered can reduce their exposure to mold spores and help stop mold growth.

Red mold is usually harmless, but it can cause health problems if you are sensitive, allergic, or have a weakened immune system.

To protect yourself, take immediate steps to remove mold from your home and store food properly to avoid accidentally ingesting it.